Wednesday, April 8, 2020

When traveling with my horse...

I was born under a wandering star...
When I get to Heaven,
Tie me to a tree,
For I will begin to roam again,
Then you'll know where I will be.
                           
                               ~Paint Your Wagon


I thank God that I have been free to wander, free to hope, and free to love...

For my readers following me, you probably have gathered by now my journey has taken me to many places.  And it has indeed...in between the many MANY hospital stays.  I daresay because of those, I would plunge back into life and the joy of living with intensity, knowing yet another stay was coming.  Also I knew there would come a time when I couldn't live with the same intensity at all anymore due to the very deteriorating physical battles ahead.  I am definitely at that place now, but with a profound sense of gratitude I was able to experience the thrill of getting to see what was beyond each new horizon so very much along the way.  And make many dear friends...with two legs and four legs.  Of course some of those four legs went where I went.

The amazing thing is how I managed to do it all.  Even more so as a Little Person.

My friend Devon used to say, "As long as Adelaide has her horse, cat, and drawing table, she just bravely follows the wind wherever it blows.  Being physically challenged doesn't keep her from having the joy of living.  Or making things happen."

Once when still young, I followed the wind across three states pulling my horse Selah in a horse trailer behind me.  Anywhere I stopped for gas and coffee, I really shocked the hell out of people seeing this Little Person traveling alone...with a horse?!!  A cat too, actually.  AND...also a fantail goldfish I had for over nine years!😃

"Lady, is that your horse?" [Can't you see I am pulling it behind me?!!🤔]

"Yep."

"How do you get ON it?!!"

Sigh.🙄

Sometimes we just have to plunge forth in life, and be brave.  Maybe even a little crazy too?🤣

No comments:

Post a Comment