Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Where my journey ends...


Physically this has been an especially tough week or so.  The spinal cord inflammation disease is rapidly worsening as expected, shutting down my digestion tract and urinary tracts.  Both my bladder and colon are barely working now, aside from using a catheter and a powerful drug I must inject to jump start my colon each day so it can empty.  The nausea and pain have been intense aside from the orthopaedic pain.  My doctors and I have known for many years this would be coming with nothing more they can do except try to keep me comfortable as possible as long as possible.

When Patches and I did our famous Ride I have shared here, one of the many video clips television stations used most, is one of the two of us prancing down the highway with the bright blue lights of the police car in front of us, and the one following us.  The sound of Patches hoofs 
on the pavement can be heard.  A crowd of people had gathered on the side of the road to watch this unusual entourage, and waved.  I turned to smile and wave back.  Then down the rode we pranced until we faded out into the bright light ending of the piece.  I hope to obtain copies of these to share here one day.🙏

My body may be shutting down, but not my indomitable spirit.  I am so very blessed to have a thousand "and yets" to hold in my grasp, of a life lived deeply, fully, and with laughter and love.  I have always embraced faith, courage, and gratitude, and have done my best to share these along the way.  How I hope my experiences, strengths, what I have learned, and humor are a gift for all of you.  Though I do not know you, I am deeply grateful for all of you and treasure your being with me on this part of my journey.  For you see, each of you help keep me going, as I strive each day to hopefully help each of you keep going too.  I know life is very challenging these days.  So many of you are reading me now from nearly every country, and this touches me deeply.

So I am still riding down the road on my prancing Patches smiling and waving to all, because as wonderful as the light appeared we faded into on thousands of television screens back then, I'm not quite ready to fade into the real Bright Light yet where my physical journey ends.😃

Please know my hands are in yours as we all walk this amazing journey of life together, dear ones.💕





No comments:

Post a Comment