Sunday, October 11, 2020

A Story Of Compassion...

I have written about Mr. Rothschild earlier here, who was placed in the room across from me following my first spine surgery at nineteen.  The hospital was very busy so Mr. Rothschild who just had knee surgery was placed on The Neurosurgery Wing.  

When I was suddenly faced with not walking again the first time, I refused to give up.  It was a long hard fight, but eventually I walked again.  

Mr. Rothschild was having a rough time due to 
the pain following his knee surgery and facing Physical Therapy.  That is, until he witnessed 
what I was accomplishing by refusing to give 
up.  It completely changed him, and together we eventually both walked a mini-marathon race together, crossing the finish line with all our doctors and nurses there to applaud us too.

I remained close friends with both Mr. and Mrs. Rothschild for many years.  And it is a very touching part of their story I write about today, 
for it personifies "The Compassion Quote" of 
mine I am posting with today's blog.

The Rothschild's were wealthy, yet were not defined by it, nor did they "wear" it.  They lived in a regular house in a pleasant residential area with acreage enough for two horses.  Because I happened to own horses too, this is another reason why we became so closely drawn together by our shared equine passion.

The Rothschild's longtime maid told this story at a Memorial service for the Rothschild's after both 
had passed away close in time together, living into their eighties...

Ms. Carrie emotionally told the touching story how at Mrs. Rothschild's request decades earlier, she went to see her about working for them.  When 
she arrived, Mrs. Rothschild not only warmly welcomed her through the front door, but had coffee and cake set for them in the living room.  Not something Ms. Carrie would have ever expected to encounter at all.  Soon, her life would change beyond her wildest dreams.😊

To sum it up, Mrs. Rothschild was horrified and outraged to hear what Ms. Carrie was being paid for doing six days of work.  The Rothschild's began paying Ms. Carrie quadruple of what she was getting, and for only five days a week!😃

Furthermore, they immediately set up a college fund for Ms. Carrie's son, who went on to become 
a renown doctor because of this kindness.  See the ripple effects of compassion spreading out I wrote about in my quote?😃

Because Ms. Carrie desperately needed dependable transportation, the Rothschild's helped her get a car to further give her the chance to have a better life.  Then with their connections they even later helped Ms. Carrie get a small home of her own.

Ms. Carrie became a long trusted part of the family, remaining with them nearly sixty years.  Tears streamed down her face as she shared this story.  Tears were streaming down everyone's faces hearing this.

Without my having asked them, the Rothschild's contributed a large sum to the trust fund set up for The Ride my horse Patches and I did years after our friendship began.  Mr. Rothschild even insisted on being part of my entourage following Patches and I that day to make sure all went well!😃

The Rothschild's personified all that is good and kind, by using their wealth and compassion to make many positive ripple effects spreading out touching lives then and touching lives still.💕

They are forever remembered for the love they lived.

And are forever loved by me.🙂💕






No comments:

Post a Comment