Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Tough faith...

Before I begin writing today's blog on tough faith I 
want to share that in my journey of always having the curiosity to discover and learn about what is beyond each new horizon, is also the same curiosity enabling me to explore other faiths.  Not because I desired to change my own, but a keen desire to seek an understanding and knowledge of all.

So years ago I embarked on a wonderful journey of discovery.  I spent time speaking with a Rabbi, a Buddhist, a Muslim, a Hindu, a Catholic priest, and finally a friend who believes in a spirit channeled through someone.  I already had a profound respect 
for these beliefs yet by delving into them, I gained 
far deeper understanding.

I think there is a common thread running through all as the beginning of faith is found in all hearts if we walk in love.  Years ago I heard a dear minister say in respect to all beliefs in faith, "One should remember when we eat a bar of chocolate we don't sit there trying to analyze all the ingredients in it...we simply accept the goodness of it."  I have always loved that analogy.🍫  

Now then, touching on faith...just faith.

Church was not in my childhood, yet even as a very young child I somehow instinctively knew there was a God, and He was simply my Father In The Stars Above because I had nowhere else to turn in my living hell.  I would gaze at the stars and talk to Him every night pouring my darkness up to my Father In The Stars Above.  It was because I had nowhere else to turn my faith became a strong loving one which has continued all through my very challenging journey.🐎

In my talks when asked to speak about faith, I often referred to having a tough faith for the daunting challenges one may face in life.  When asked what I mean by tough faith, it is faith with a persevering trust in however we believe.  And it is a loving trust as faith isn't always feeling.  Tough faith is trusting we are loved and being sustained whether we feel it or not.

There are times in our lives we all have, when we deeply feel the weight or tragedy of our challenges.  If we step into the black unknown, tough faith is knowing we will either step onto something solid, or suddenly be given wings to fly.

I still embrace the faith of my childhood of My Father 
In The Stars Above as I continue to gallop through the tough challenges of my journey.🐎💫


No comments:

Post a Comment