Thursday, December 23, 2021

As Long As It Does Not Snow Higher Than Me...

Anyone who knows me or who has heard me speak knows what a sense of humor I have.😂  

One day when people in an elevator were expressing concern about the possibility of 9-10 inches of snow in the forecast, I said, "As long as it doesn't get over 3 feet deep, I'll be okay."  

After they all nearly fell over laughing they told me how I made their day.  One lady even said I made her realize how much people like me are just like everyone else.  

KA-CHING!👍😃

One of the advantages of being a Little Person is that I am remembered.  So a few months after the funny, inspiring elevator moment I was in the grocery store.  A very rude invasive man had been following me trying to get a picture of me on his cellphone.  

Suddenly I whipped my phone out and said, "Let me first take a picture of YOU being disrespectful as hell."  

All of a sudden a lady close by also whipped out her phone and told the man, "And I want to get your picture too of you being disrespectful to this lady."  

Then two other men and a lady suddenly whipped out THEIR phones saying the same thing!  

Surrounded by phones the perpetrator quickly closed his and appeared to actually walk away in shame!

Amazingly it turned out the lady who first whipped her phone out after me happened to be in the elevator the day I humorously talked about the snow!  What a small world, huh?!!😂  All because of that one remembered connection in the elevator she too took a stand by suddenly joining me in confronting the very rude perpetrator.

One of the men who also whipped out his cellphone with us against the perpetrator, told us all how he had come to the store only to get groceries. Yet he was going away so profoundly touched by this amazing experience in Aisle Six he was taking home far more than just groceries.

I sure knew I was.😃💫

Soon after that day though two people were sadly killed due to rage incidents and that is when I made the decision it would be safer for me not to confront these very heartless, mean invasive people anymore.

Nevertheless, I forever very warmly carry with me the bright treasure of what happened in the grocery store in Aisle Six all because I shared my humor in the elevator one day...🐎💫


No comments:

Post a Comment