Friday, October 22, 2021

Flamboyantly Just Doesn't Give A Shit...

 

Everyone who knows me or who has known me, absolutely loves my "style" of dressing.

It's Boho, Soho, Theatrical, I Don't Give A Shit and more.  When you are a Little Person who studied theatre, ballet, dresses like a hippie or artist, who is also known to be divinely flamboyant AND rides horses, you have a style all your own even coveted by those who are of average height.  Because for me you see, it's anything goes!🤣

I wear hats.  Always have.  Always will.  They make me feel taller...look taller.  And back in the 1970's when platform shoes were the rage, with a hat AND platform shoes my height could actually increase by a whopping FIVE inches!  I could reach water fountains, payphones, and actually be seen over a counter!😂

My feeling has been since people are going to stare rudely and call me ugly words anyway why not just 
sock it to them as someone very flamboyantly stylish who appears she doesn't give a shit how mean and disrespectful they are?!!  Like why not just be seen rising above this shit in a very GRAND proud style?!!  

I know, I know.  But when one lives in a body like mine, to surviva-soar one must embrace whatever it takes to walk TALL.  This may seem crazy, yet the way I dress helps to offset the constant, very mean invasive ridicule out there.  You see it's like I am "saying" without words to these non-humans, "Go to hell, because you are not making ME feel less!"  

Friends though keep telling me they think these idiots are just jealous because they can't pull off being able to dress the way I do.  When one is already packaged in uniqueness, one has to embrace a unique style.

I must be doing something right for I often am praised and admired by total strangers for the ways I dress. 

I have always loved dance and dance wear.  I never need worry about fit because of the wrap around leotard skirts and so forth.  Aiden so flipped out when we met because there I was riding Patches in leotards with a long wrap around leotard skirt on wearing an amazing hat!  I so intrigued Aiden he lost his heart.  So did I.  And then he stole my hat.😂

Anyway, I love mini-skirts for the average size female, as they always fit perfectly on me with NO HEMMING ever NEEDED!😂

When I know I am at my very best in whatever I wear I walk taller, feel taller, and THAT my dear friends is what matters most when one just happens to standout like a neon light.

In 1984 I wrote the following poem, which kind of says it all:

And I can dance too.

See me rise,

Rise above the stage,

Dancing free,
Dancing proud,
Dancing beautiful.

So dance proud in what you wear, my dear ones.
  
Just go out there walking tall and be your best flamboyantly-don't-give-a-shit-anything-goes like Adelaide and do it with aplomb.😂


           Adelaide flamboyantly dressed as usual                                     holding Bashum, taken by Aiden 





No comments:

Post a Comment