Sunday, December 20, 2020

๐Ÿ˜‚And then there was this one Christmas๐Ÿ’ก...

Long ago and far away one year my dear Aiden, an architect, had to be in Cheyenne, Wyoming for a project.  It was to wrap up on 22 December, then he would fly home.  Only Mother Nature and Wyoming weather had other plans by unleashing a huge snowstorm.  Flights were cancelled.  Suddenly it was beginning to appear he wouldn't be able to get home for Christmas.

We did not have major plans for the holiday other than spending time with friends and his parents.  Yet the prospect of him having to spend Christmas either in a airport or a hotel room alone was not a happy one.

When we talked the morning of 23 December Aiden said, "Adelaide honey, I found something here I just 
HAD to get you for Christmas and I got it shipped out
before the snowstorm.  It will get there sometime tomorrow but probably late.  Please stay home to be there when it arrives, okay?  The package is kind of large."

"Let me guess...it's a wild horse?!!"๐Ÿ˜‚

"Well, not exactly...but knowing you I'm sure you will find the gift great fun!  You will love it!  I can't believe what the guy was asking so I got it for you.  I just couldn't resist!"

"My you sure have intrigued me!"๐Ÿค”

"I want you to be sure to open the shipping box after it arrives just to make sure the inner gift box is in decent condition so I will feel at peace knowing my gift for you is okay."

"A MINIATURE HORSE!"๐Ÿ˜‚

"Not exactly." 

"All right, my dear one.  I'll give you a call right away to let you know the package arrived.  Do they know if there is any chance of getting a flight yet before Christmas?"

"Doesn't look like it at all.  But I'll be okay.  Not exactly the way we expected to spend Christmas this year."

"I know dahlin, I know.  My heart aches for you.  The Four Wheeler we've been talking about getting?!!"๐Ÿค”

"You crack me up so much!  Uh no."

"You're really not going to spill the beans on this are you?!!"๐Ÿ™„

"Not if I can help it!  By the way the food is great here."

"Well I am sure glad of that!  Especially if you're stuck somewhere during Christmas away from my cooking."

"I know!"

"IT'S A HOT AIR BALLOON!!!"๐Ÿ˜‚

"A HOT AIR BALLOON?!!  NO!  By the way, how are Patches and Sierra doing?"

"Missing you too.  While I'm thinking of it be sure to 
call your parents.  If I let you win at Scrabble for a month will you tell..."

"Very tempting...but...NO."๐Ÿคฃ

"Okay.  I give up.  I know when I'm defeated...

...uh...

...mini bikes for us both?!!"๐Ÿ˜‚

"I love you to pieces!"๐Ÿ’•

"And I love YOU to pieces, my dear!  A piano?!!"๐Ÿคฃ

Sooooo, on Christmas Eve evening as it began to snow heavily the package Aiden sent arrived.  It suddenly  made me miss him terribly.

I put on Christmas music then finished wrapping packages for his parents we were giving them.

Finally I dutifully began opening the outer package as promised.  There was a hell of a lot of paper packing in this thing.

And then, AND THEN, THE FRIGGIN PAPER BEGAN MOVING!๐Ÿ˜ฑ

IT...WAS...




[DRUMROLL PLEASE]





...AIDEN!๐Ÿ’ซ๐Ÿ’•⭐๐Ÿ˜⭐๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’ซ

But he scared the hell out of me!  He always claimed I blurted out not an "I love you," or not a "I'm so very happy and excited to see you," either.

No, he says I very lovingly instead blurted out... 

"AWW HELL, HOLY SHIT!!!  IT'S...IT'S...YOUUUUU!"๐Ÿ˜ณ

Well any of YOU would have been shocked too!!!๐Ÿคฃ

After we hugged BIG HUGE HUGS AND KISSES I managed to calm back down from shock to sheer bursting joy.  Now THIS was Christmas Magic!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ซ

Aiden explained the snowstorm eased and there was a window when he could get a flight out of Wyoming to Maryland. 

While waiting he had an idea.๐Ÿ’ก  He thought what a way it would be to surprise me. (It worked!๐Ÿ˜‚)

Aiden had a buddy who owed him a favor who just HAPPENED to work for one of the national delivery companies who really got caught up in the joy of getting to help pull off the Christmas Surprise of a lifetime too.

Tim picked Aiden up at the airport then they put together the package with air holes.  Not far from our house Tim sealed Aiden inside.

Aiden wondered if I ever was going to open the box!

THEN, it hit him I may need something long and sharp to open the box with!  Something he hadn't thought about!๐Ÿคฃ

And I did need to use something sharp but thankfully grabbed the small pair of scissors I was using to wrap those gifts with.๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ซ

So this became the very special Christmas Gift of a lifetime.๐ŸŽ„⭐๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’ซ

But alas...not a HOT AIR BALLOON!!!๐Ÿ˜‚











No comments:

Post a Comment