Saturday, December 5, 2020

How my pony Sadie taught two friends a lesson...

THIS is a very funny story NOW, but to me way 
back THEN, I was definitely NOT very amused.πŸ₯΄

During one of my many long hospital stays I had asked my dear friends Bob and Tom to visit the farm to check on my pony Sadie.  That was ALL they had to do.  "What could possibly go wrong?" I thought.  But you see, one day things did not quite happen as planned and they screwed up.  I mean they VERY ROYALLY screwed up.πŸ™„

Since Bob and Tom knew Sadie could pull a cart, they had what THEY thought was a very bright idea one day.  Only I didn't own a cart nor did I like them because I wanted to be ON my horses, not BEHIND them!🐎  However, I did have Sadie's cart harness which came with her.  Unfortunately the guys knew WHERE the harness was kept.πŸ™ƒ

So they decided to make a two wheel cart.  They were really very proud of themselves too.  In fact, THEY thought what they built was brilliant.  The most brilliant pony cart in history.πŸ€”

Somehow the very inexperienced Bob and Tom managed to get the harness on Sadie, they told me later.  Then they attached it to this very brilliant homemade cart the two were so proud of.  And perhaps it really just might have worked too, who knows?🀫  

But you see, ONE of them had the ridiculous bright idea to shake with gusto a huge, very LOUD old cowbell one could hear in the next county to get Sadie moving.😱

Oh, Sadie moved all right.  She absolutely went FLYING!  I heard from other sources after they could quit laughing long enough to tell me, Sadie even reached a speed making her quite capable of reaching the next county in ten seconds!  

Only that didn't happen, you see.  For neither the very brilliant cart nor the harness survived.  What did remain on Sadie though got caught around a tree, which not only stopped her but brought my pony to her knees until she could be extracted.  Thankfully SADIE was fine though.πŸ˜ƒ

However, the cart was NOT fine, ending up in many bits and pieces strewn everywhere.  In fact one of the wheels was never seen again.  And the guys?  AND THE GUYS?!!😳

Since they both knew I would be hearing about this, Bob and Tom decided they had better hurry up and visit me FAST to confess before the news could reach me.  Uh, that is once they were released from the emergency room of the same hospital I was in upstairs you see.🀫  

So imagine my surprise when Bob and Tom entered my room with Bob's arm broken in a cast and sling, and Tom hobbling in on crutches due to a VERY sprained ankle.😱

At first I was very upset they both had been injured in some terrible, horrible way.  

And then...AND THEN they told me, beginning first to quickly assure me Sadie was fine.  Hearing THIS, my compassion level for them suddenly dropped.  

Hearing the rest of what happened my compassion PLUMMETED.  I mean REALLY plummeted all the way to the depths of oblivion folks.  For just a few  moments I literally wanted to throttle them.  

And they were scared too.  Both admitted later how very grateful they were I was unable to get out of the bed at that moment to make their injuries any worse.πŸ₯΄

Realizing they obviously had suffered enough and would already have some scars to carry with them, I couldn't help but to begin laughing.  And laughing 
so hard tears were running down my cheeks.  We 
all three did.  In fact we have laughed ourselves silly about this very "brilliant" endeavor of theirs for many years now.πŸ˜‚

But one thing became certain though, those two now knew better than to ever...EVER try using one of MY horses for any...ANY bright ideas they might have again.πŸŽπŸ˜‚πŸŽπŸ˜‚πŸŽ


No comments:

Post a Comment