Sunday, December 27, 2020

READERS...

My Dear Twitter And Blogger Readers,

You have been reading this blog from many countries on the planet and I am profoundly grateful for this beyond words.  When I began this endeavour last 30 January 2020 I had no idea how putting myself out there like this would unfold yet as I always have had a tendency to do, I plunged forth anyway.

To date, an astounding (to me) 14,170 of you from 32 countries have been reading this blog.  Except for 5 days I have managed to put out a piece 7 days a week totalling 516 pieces thus far.  Of course a portion of these have been repostings along the way when too ill to write.

I am still trying to obtain the videos of Patches and I during our Ride saga to share here.  Both time and the virus are hindering this but I'm not giving up on obtaining these as I know it's possible.  When The Ride unfolded personal VCR's had just become available.  At the time though none of my friends, nor myself owned one.  I didn't even have a television!  So I didn't think then to press for copies of the videos during the time when having them would have been such a treasure to now have.

Inaddition the bulk of all my most treasured photos and artwork, including those of theatre sets I designed too, had to all be placed in storage two years ago due to damage here caused by a neighbors' negligence next to me (long story).  I carefully labeled all boxes and bags I placed these in but men moving them then put many of these in unlabeled industrial size bags, so I have no idea which bag has what now, nor have I had the health to go put my hands on them.

However I will eventually get my hands on all this to include here.

I am deeply grateful a few boxes did not get to storage containing some photos of my horses, copies of my prints.  Because best of all these also contained my many journals over the decades where I wrote in and stuffed many loose pages including my talks when in demand as a speaker.  These also contained some photos too along with all the written pieces of my journey in detail, enabling me to then write about here that otherwise could have been difficult to recall since my journey has been such a very full one.

Nevertheless, I am reaching a place where I will have gone through all contained in my journals.  Not before reaching the one year anniversary when this blog began next month if I repost a bit.  As touched on, other than opening a few windows I have refrained from writing about where I am currently here because it's not pretty due to my deteriorating health and I think it would be sad and boring.  So I made the decision to write only about my life when it was more full.

If anything happens to me I have arranged with a friend who is very happy to do this who will keep my blog up for as long as there is Blogger.  He also knows my desire to add the additional photos and hopefully videos too, and will complete whatever I may have not finished in this regard.

Several of you so very touchingly expressed concern about always being able to access this blog and feel it will continue to help and delight others who find it.  So this is why my friend Steven is dedicated to fulfilling my wish to keep it accessible.  He too understands the importance.

My journey is not over though due to my resolve.  And besides, I recently purchased a somewhat expensive 2021 Calendar so I have to be here to get the full benefit of having used it.😂

Again my dear ones, thank ALL of you for being on this blogging journey, enabling me to fulfill many promises made by finally putting my hilarity and inspirations into writing.  Having all 14,170 of you along has been such a gift...such a dear gift.  And I thank you with all my heart.

May 2021 please be a brighter happier year for all.

Hugs,

Adelaide 

                        Adelaide on her horse Havilla








No comments:

Post a Comment