Sunday, February 28, 2021

READERS...

My Dear Readers,

Eighteen years ago on 1 March 2003 the man who had my heart died in a freak drowning accident.  We were to be married exactly one month later.  I am reposting the blog pieces I wrote as I shared Aiden with you.

At first writing about Aiden was hard and took awhile before I could here.  Perhaps because the past year has been such a difficult, challenging, heartshattering one for all.  But I daresay my deteriorating health with many other recent problems is why, for you see I have intense moments where I still miss him terribly and long for his presence.

As far as writing about Aiden here though, each of the five pieces I wrote became easier...cathartic.  The two I share today are fun and heartwarming.  They open a window wider of our deep bond of love.

In a previous Reader blog, I told how the bulk of all my most treasured photos of Aiden, my many dear friends, then all the theatre sets I designed, my body of artwork, The Ride...on and on...had to all very rapidly be placed in storage about three years ago due to severe damage here caused by a neighbors' careless negligence next to me (long story).  Though I was given only four days to prepare every treasure l sought to save, I carefully labeled all boxes and bags I placed these in but the men moving these to the storage facility then placed these in unlabeled industrial size bags, so I have no idea which bag has what now, nor have I had the health to go get my hands on them.  But eventually I will.  I must.

Obviously I packed up what I wanted to protect most.
Aiden's photos for one thing.  The only photo I kept of him is a small one taken not long before he died.  It is one his parents had made in a mat sealed tight inside a heavy frame behind glass sealed tight within the frame to always protect the photo.  Oh it's protected all right like Fort Knox, for to break out the photo would destroy the rest.  So I have made attempts to take a picture of the photo but there is such an intense glare from the glass the photo is obscured.

I will eventually get my hands on all of this to include here.  As shared I am working on obtaining the many television news videos, special programs, including newspaper articles with photos done on Patches and I across two states throughout our amazing Ride saga which profoundly touched thousands.  Time and the pandemic have made this difficult but NOT impossible.

Words can never express the depth of gratitude I feel with having you along on this journey with me here.

Always galloping, always soaring, 

Adelaide๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ™‚๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’ซ




No comments:

Post a Comment