Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Faith...Tough Faith...

Before I begin writing today's blog on tough faith I 
want to share that in my journey of always having the curiosity to discover and learn about what is beyond each new horizon, is also the same curiosity enabling me to explore other faiths.  Not because I desired to change my own but a desire to explore.  To seek an understanding and a knowledge of all.

So years ago I embarked on a wonderful journey of discovery.  I spent time speaking with a Rabbi, a Buddhist, a Muslim, a Hindu, a Catholic priest, and finally a friend who believes in a spirit channeled through someone.  I already had a profound respect for these beliefs yet by delving into them, I gained  a far deeper understanding.

I think there is a common thread running through all, as the beginning of faith is found in our hearts if we walk in love.  A dear friend of mine who was a minister had a wonderful way...an amazing way of 
unifying that which is different in all beliefs of faith by using "The Chocolate Factor."

So what IS 'The Chocolate Factor?

I will let Ron, who found fame when he baptized 
a nineteen year old Adelaide in what became the most hilarious baptism in all the history of humankind explain "The Chocolate Factor" here 
for you in his words:

"One should remember whenever we eat a bar of chocolate we don't sit there trying to analyze all 
the ingredients in the chocolate as to why we enjoy it!  We simply ACCEPT the very goodness of it with gratitude for what makes chocolate special and yet unique."  

I have always...ALWAYS...loved this analogy.🍫 You may never eat chocolate again without thinking of this analogy.🀣

Now then, touching on faith...just faith.

Church was not in my childhood, yet even as a very young child I somehow instinctively knew there was a God, and He was simply my Father In The Stars Above because I had nowhere else to turn in my living hell.  I would gaze at the stars and talk to Him every night pouring my darkness up to my Father In The Stars Above.  It was because I had nowhere else to turn my faith became such a strong loving one which has sustained me through this very challenging journey of mine.🐎

During my years as a speaker in demand, when I would be asked to speak about faith, I often referred to having a tough faith for the daunting challenges one may face in life.  When asked what I mean by tough faith, it is faith with a persevering trust in however we believe.  And it is a loving trust for faith isn't always feeling.  Tough faith is trusting we are loved and being sustained whether we feel it or not.

There are times in our lives we all have, when 
we deeply feel the weight or tragedy of our challenges.  If we step into a uncertain black unknown, tough faith is knowing we will either step onto something solid, or suddenly be given wings to fly with.  Or if you're an Adelaide, you will be given a horse to soar with.

You see I still embrace the faith of my childhood of My Father In The Stars Above as I continue to gallop through the very tough challenges of my journey.  I know from deep within I am loved and when my time comes I will ascend with the wings to soar like a horse.πŸ˜ƒ





No comments:

Post a Comment