Saturday, January 2, 2021

First Brand New Funny Adelaide Piece Of 2021...


Remember my recent blog detailing how my fellow ten Scene Painting class members and myself went plunging down a snow covered Mt. Everest of hills following our last class together?  I also described 
where our profession took each of the nine guys and two ladies.

About fourteen years after we plunged down Mt. Everest which was the last time we were all together,
Damien who landed a Scene Design position after he interned at a prestigious theatre in Seattle sought my help for a large scale production.  He needed my gift for being able to recreate an exact scene on a massive flat without the need for a grid system which can take more time.

It so happened I had just gone through my first two spine surgeries and the stay in the Pediatric Cancer Ward AND a theatre internship TWICE because of all the unexpected hospital delays.  Even learning how to walk again two times.  Yet I made it.  I had been hired by a theatre but I wouldn't start the position for another 
two months to begin the sets for their new following season.  Damien needed me for roughly six weeks so the timing was perfect.

Since most of us remained close keeping in touch we knew what was going on with each other.  Which is why Damien knew I was available.  So at Damien's request his theatre flew me to Seattle.๐ŸŽญ

Damien and his partner Logan had a huge house insisting I stay with them.  I jumped at the chance for more reasons than one because you see, Damien and 
I were the ones in the group who were either causing the others to have laughter hysterics or the instigators of fun activities like the plunging down Mt. Everest.  We were also damn good at getting the others to do these crazy things.  

So when everyone heard Damien and Adelaide would 
be at a theatre together in Seattle they just KNEW stuff would happen.  Said they'd all have to watch the national evening news broadcasts because we were sure to be in the news during my time there.๐Ÿ˜‚

Actually we were so busy the first three weeks, other than entertaining those around us by regaling them with stories of our antics while we were hard at work making theatre magic happen with the amazing sets we were both creating.๐ŸŽญ

By the end of three weeks Damien and Logan wanted to take me out for dinner one night.  Not just any place, but...The Sky City Revolving Restaurant located on top of The Space Needle.

On this night Damien wanted to go in drag which I certainly had no problem with as I had seen him in 
drag countless times.  I only mention this detail at all because you see Damien wore his new expensive designer high heel PURPLE shoes, but please do not expect me to tell you which fancy designer as I am far more knowledgeable about the shoes of horses than I ever am about shoes for hoomans costing more than a whole year's worth of board payments for my horses.  Besides, I always suspected Damien's REAL reason for taking me to the Revolving Restaurant in the Sky was only to show off his brand new PURPLE high heel 
shoes for all to see.๐Ÿคฃ

The guys had made a reservation for the three of us.  As we were being led to our table by the window you can imagine how many fancy well dressed diners went agog while holding food on their forks which suddenly stopped midway to their mouths at the amazing once in a lifetime sight appearing before them of a dwarf dressed like a hippie wearing a flowing PURPLE and black skirt, a tall striking man in a PURPLE tuxedo with his partner dressed to the nines in a PURPLE dress wearing matching PURPLE high heel shoes.

After we were seated Logan had quite the serious observation he made.  "Did you two happen to notice the ways people here were staring at us?"

Damien and I who each had just taken a large gulp of water burst into hysterical laughter.  I just missed getting sprayed by Damien's mouthful seated across from him, while my mouthful could have drenched dear Logan...didn't...thanks to my sitting much lower in my seat than they did.

Had Damien not been buying my dinner I can tell you I would have had to order soup.  However since he was buying I also ordered Lobster as they did.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ‘

The meal for me was exquisite.  Midway through the meal as Logan and I were deep in a discussion about the meaning of life Damien suddenly leaned down looking beneath the table but neither Logan or I thought anything was unusual. 

Now the guys were excited to take me to a fancy lounge with the greatest music ever following our meal.  But as we were finishing our lobsters Damien very anxiously    alerted Logan and I about a serious problem.  And I mean this was serious because Damien was choking back tears.

"Logan...Adelaide...as we were enjoying our meal I slipped my shoes off!"

He was struggling.

"Awhile ago when you two were talking about the meaning of life and all that shit I accidentally knocked one of my shoes onto that little ledge thingie above the wheel making this place revolve!"

As I dived beneath the table, "Where Damien?  I don't 
see it.  What 'ledge thingie?'"

"Dahlin' that's just it...we have to stay here revolving until we reach the place where I can retrieve my shoe!"

"But Damien, how do you know where that is?"

"See the mural of the Cascade Mountains?"

"Uh, yes."

"See those two mountains close together?  That's where my shoe is resting."

Logan asked what I thought was a very sensible question, "But Damien, all we have to do is tell our waiter..."

"NO!"

"Why?"

"I spent a fortune on those shoes!  All it would take is the slightest nudge and POOF!  My beautiful shoe could be gone forever!  No, we're waiting.  Please?"

"Damien, of course Logan and I will stay.  We have to because you're the only one who can drive your car with its stickshift so we're stuck."

The only slight problem with Damien's plan is the fact the Sky Restaurant was exceptionally crowded that night you see.  Already the Maitre-d and our waiter were eyeing our table as a crowd of people waited to get a table.

The waiter approached our table.  "Sir, would you like your check now?"

"No thank you," said Damien. "If you don't mind we'd like to order coffee and see your Dessert  Menu, please."

As soon as the waiter departed Logan blurted out, "But Damien all three of us are stuffed!  Where are we going to put our desserts?" 

"Adelaide's purse!"

"NOT in Adelaide's purse, thank you."

"Well then in our bras."

"Damien, you're the one here wearing boobs like Dolly Parton, not me!"

When the waiter returned with the Dessert choices heading for Damien's bra I thought to ask a highly important question the guys hadn't considered yet.

"Sir, out of curiosity exactly how long does it take for the Restaurant to make each cycle?"

"Approximately forty-five minutes."

So we decided if we ordered one dessert while sipping the coffee slowly we may just be able to pull this off.

We ordered some kind of delicious Five Chocolate Cheesecake.

Midway through this dessert as the two mountains were coming round the bend, "Uh Damien, I've got to 
go pee."

"You can't Adelaide, not now."

"Why not?"

"Because you're so short you need to dive under the table with me in case you need to get where I can't."

"Just so you know there is a very strong possibility you may get wet."

So during the time remaining with military precision planning Damien drew on a cloth napkin what needed to happen after we dived beneath the table.  He was X.  I was Y.

Logan who was Z, cried out, "What the hell am I'm going to look like sitting here alone after people see you two suddenly dive under the table?!!"

This never got addressed you see because suddenly those two mountains were very near.

"Adelaide, DIVE!"

So Adelaide DIVED!

And it was a good thing Adelaide did dive too.  For the PURPLE High Heel shoe on a ledge thingie was exactly where only someone of my height could reach anyway.

As I popped up holding the PURPLE shoe high in the 
air like a trophy on my side of the table and Damien popped up on his side letting a rather loud cheer escape, there stood our waiter and the Maitre-d.

Uh oh.

"Is there a problem here?"

"Yes, I need to pee!  Meanwhile ask the dude with the PURPLE shoe I just threw at him what's going on."๐Ÿ˜‚






















No comments:

Post a Comment