Friday, January 29, 2021

READERS...

My Dear Twitter And Blogger Readers, tomorrow the 30th marks the day this blog began one year ago.  I first posted an Introduction, then began with the piece you will see following this.  By the second day I had over 100 readers and the journey we share together grew from there.  

When I began this endeavour I had no idea how putting myself out there in this format would unfold.  However as you are aware I have a tendency to just give it all I've got by plunging forth...anyway.

To date, the 30th, an astounding 15,450 of you from 37 countries have now been reading this blog.  Except for 
6 days along the way I have managed to put out a piece 7 days a week the past year totalling 561 pieces.  Of course a portion of these have been repostings along the way when too ill to write.

Though the numbers dropped some during March and April due to the virus, unlike many blogs this one not only survived but continued to grow.  

One thing I have chosen not to do is agree to any advertising.  Many blogs are very difficult to read because of all the adverts, which is exactly why I am keeping this advert free.  Hopefully this is how you are all finding it.

In my previous Reader Letter I shared with you I was reaching the end of all the journals I kept through the decades making this blog even possible.  These were stuffed with many loose pages of all the written pieces of my journey in detail, including pages from my talks when in demand as a speaker.  All of these enabled me to write about many events that otherwise could have been difficult to recall since my journey has been such a very full one.

The good news is I discovered a bunch of loose journal 
pages of life events...stories...stuffed inside a journal of my poetry I had not seen for a LONG time.  Already I have several new remaining pieces in process to share with you.

As touched on, other than opening a few windows I have refrained from writing about where I am currently here because it's not pretty due to my deteriorating health and I think it would be sad and boring.  So I made the decision to write only about my life when it was far more full and interesting.

Again my dear ones, thank ALL of you for being on this blogging journey, enabling me to fulfill many promises made over the decades by finally putting my hilarity and inspirations into writing.  Having all 15,450 of you along has been such a gift...such a very dear gift.  And I thank you with all my heart.

Hugs,

Adelaide 





No comments:

Post a Comment