Saturday, March 6, 2021

A Little Firecracker...

Despite forty-six surgeries and many long hospital stays through the decades I continued working in between these waiting to apply for disability, only when I no longer could do the work I loved after the pain became too severe even with pain medication.  I never thought when that time did finally come to file for disability it would take EIGHT years before I was approved, even with my team of renown Johns-Hopkins doctors going out of their ways to testify on my behalf!  And disability I had paid into my entire working life!🙄

Once again my boldness saved me.  And did it ever.

As a last resort I finally hired a private disability attorney to represent me.

A few months later Mr. Landers and I were asked to meet with the state Disability Hearing Board which included a very disrespectful, highly insulting doctor working for the Federal Government. 

Oh, and by the way the whole session was recorded.

This idiot had the audacity to say to me in a very mean, rude tone of voice, "What makes a midget...what makes YOU claim shortness is a disability?"

As Mr. Landers saw me wince he began to say, "I don't really think Adela..."

For some reason whenever I need to be very bold or to make a point, even though I am the same size standing as I am sitting I immediately stand up to my very TALL intimidating height anyway.  

Which is exactly what I did as I told Mr. Landers in a tone of voice he instantly listened to, "I'VE GOT THIS."

As my eyes shot darts of fire at the extremely rude doctor I said, "I have NEVER EVER IN MY ENTIRE LIFE CONSIDERED OR CLAIMED SHORTNESS ITSELF A HANDICAP AND CERTAINLY NOT A DISABILITY EITHER WHICH BY THE WAY, IF YOU HAD TAKEN THE TIME TO ACTUALLY READ MY CASE YOU WOULD KNOW."

"Now Miss..."

"I'M NOT DONE YET!  Shortness is NOT why I seek disability!  However, the severe physical problems due to DWARFISM ARE WHY I MUST!  I have fought through SEVEN spine surgeries, had to learn to walk again TWICE, have severe arachnoiditis and another insidious inflammation disease INSIDE MY SPINAL CORD I have been given a dire prognosis for with no hope of surviving when nerves to my respiratory system are destroyed like my bladder and colon are.  I live with severe pain.  YET I HAVE NEVER APPLIED FOR DISABILITY UNTIL NOW, and YOU, a doctor has the audacity to insult my intelligence by implying I am saying SHORTNESS IS A DISABILITY?!!  BESIDES ADDRESSING ME BY THE EXTREMELY DEROGATORY WORD MIDGET?!!  I am constantly living with the ridicule and rudeness of so called humans just like you who chant to me, 'midget, midget, scum of the earth, slime of the sea, the lowest form of humanity,' which by the way sums up exactly who YOU have clearly shown yourself to be thank you."

I was so proud how I managed to get all that out without one single use of the F-Bomb, damn or shit.

Oh how the room was silent.  For an eternity. 

When the judge finally found his voice again he very kindly thanked my attorney and I for coming.  Said we should hear their decision in a few months.

WITHIN A FEW DAYS Adelaide was FINALLY awarded her disability at last!👍

KA-CHING!

Mr. Landers who normally would have taken his fee at that time waived his fee.  Said I won my case, not him.  Also wanted to know if I would be interested in joining his practice to help HIM win cases.😂👍💫

He then had a very interesting piece of news he was told to tell me by a certain judge.  The very rude doctor was fired immediately after my boldness event took place.  Mr. Landers was also told the judge and staff were applauding me.  Then the judge told him how he thought I was one hell of a little firecracker he really admired.💥🔥💥

That Little Firecracker and the fire of her boldness prevailed yet again on her very challenging journey galloping and soaring. 🐎🔥🐎 









No comments:

Post a Comment