Saturday, May 9, 2020

Mr. and Mrs. Rothschild...

I have written about Mr. Rothschild earlier here.  Briefly, he was across the room from me following my first spine surgery at nineteen, when I refused to give up walking again.  And I didn't...eventually walking again.  Mr. Rothschild had a knee surgery, was in pain, and struggling to recover.  That is, until he witnessed what I was accomplishing by not giving up.  It completely changed him, and together we walked a mini-marathon race, crossing the finish line with our doctors and nurses applauding us.

I was friends with both Mr. and Mrs. Rothschild for years.  And it is a touching part of their story I write about today, for it personifies the Compassion quote of mine I shared here two days ago.

The Rothschild's were wealthy, yet were not defined by it, nor did they "wear" it.  They lived in a regular house in a pleasant neighborhood with a lot just large enough for two horses.  Because I happened to own horses too, we were also drawn together by our shared equine passion.😃

The Rothschild's longtime maid told this story at a Memorial service for the Rothschild's when both had passed away, after living into their eighties...

Ms. Carrie emotionally told how at Mrs. Rothschild's request, she went to see her about working for them.  When she arrived, Mrs. Rothschild had coffee and cake set for them in the living room.  Not something Ms. Carrie would have ever expected at all.  Soon, her life would change beyond her dreams though.

To sum it up, Mrs. Rothschild was horrified and outraged to hear what Ms. Carrie was being paid for doing six days of work.  The Rothschild's began paying Ms. Carrie quadruple of what she was getting, and for only five days a week!

Furthermore, they set up a college fund for Ms. Carrie's son, who went on to become a doctor because of this kindness.  See the ripple effects of compassion I wrote about in my quote
yesterday?😃

Because Ms. Carrie desperately needed dependable transportation, the Rothschild's helped her get a car to further give her the chance to have a better life.  Then with their connections they later helped Ms. Carrie even get a home.

Ms. Carrie became a long trusted part of the family, remaining with them nearly sixty years.  Tears streamed down her face as she shared this.  Tears were streaming down everyone's faces hearing this.

Without my having asked them, the Rothschild's also contributed a large sum to the trust fund set up for The Ride my horse Patches and I did several years after our friendship began.  Mr. Rothschild was even part of my entourage following Patches and I that day!😃

The Rothschild's personified all that is good and kind, by using their wealth and compassion to make many positive ripple effects spreading out touching lives then and touching lives still.💕

They will forever be loved and remembered dearly for the compassion they poured forth like ripples of water.🙂💕








No comments:

Post a Comment