Friday, June 12, 2020

Adelaide's fashion style...

Everyone who knows me or who has known me, absolutely loves my "style."  It's Boho, Soho, and more.  When you're a Little Person who studied ballet, dresses like an artist, who can also be divinely flamboyant, and rides horses, you have a style all your own coveted by those who are of average
height.🤣

I wear hats.  Always have.  Always will.  They make me taller.  And back in the 1970's when platform shoes were the rage, with a hat AND platform shoes, my height could increase by at least 5 inches!  I could actually reach water fountains in the days before these were lowered!

Since I already stand out anyway, I figured, why not stand out in style?  Like if people were going to stare anyway, why not give them someone flamboyantly  stylish!  I have actually been praised and admired by total strangers for my style.  It's crazy, yet it helps to offset the mean invasive ridicule from the others.

I have always loved dance and dance wear.  I never need worry about fit, due to the wrap around leotard skirts and so forth.  In addition, I love mini-skirts for the average size female, as they always fit perfectly on me with NO HEMMING NEEDED!😂

Long sleeves are quite popular these days...yet for me, they always have been just that...too LONG!

When I know I am at my very best in whatever I wear, I walk just a bit more taller, and that, my friends, matters...especially with being such a "standout" anyway, each time I leave home.

In 1984 I wrote the following poem, which kind of says it all:

And I can dance too.

See me rise,

Rise, rise above the stage,

Dancing free,
Dancing proud,
Dancing beautiful.

My dear ones, dance proud wherever you are.😃

No comments:

Post a Comment