Sunday, June 7, 2020

Selah...peace...

It is said horses fly without wings.  This is true, for they do.  With each stride a horse makes when galloping, three quarters of it are spent in the air soaring forward.  So whenever I would gallop my horses and soar, there is that thrilling, exhilarating moment where as one, my horses and I would leave the earth sailing on the wind.  That I was blessed to fly without wings as one with my horses is a treasure I am one of the privileged to hold forever.

In a world these days where many of us are having to pause as never before, 
let us look deeply at the meaning of what is pausing.  The word Selah means peace, pause.  I gave my horse Selah this name because she was my separate peace.  Actually, so were my six other horses too.😃

Many live such busy, nonstop lives, when they reach the end the realization hits them of how much they have missed.  When there is not time to get quiet...to pause, our psyche does not have the nurturing, replenishing it needs.  We are not able to grasp those little things, which actually are the huge things we need to take notice of and grasp the most.  Think of it.  If we rapidly plunge through a garden rather than experience a garden by walking, we deeply see so much more because we are taking the time to immerse ourselves in it.  And when we immerse ourselves in it, we appreciate.  We become aware.

When Thoreau paused by going into the woods, Walden got written.  Monet painted his famous water lilly series.  Neil Diamond composed his monumental Jonathan Livingston Seagull soundtrack.  T.S. Eliot wrote his poem which became the smash Broadway musical, "Cats." 

And Adelaide left the earth a thousand times while flying without wings on her galloping horses.

Selah...







No comments:

Post a Comment