Friday, August 21, 2020

Seize the day soaring...

Richard Bach, the author of "Jonathan Livingston Seagull," wrote in his wonderful book, "The Gift Of Wings," an experience he had speaking with a man sitting next to him on a long flight.  Mr. Bach asked the man about his life, and for a long time the man spoke enthusiastically about his experiences in WWII.  When Mr. Bach inquired what he had been doing since then, the man, without any enthusiasm, covered in less than a minute thirty years of his life.

I was never expected to live this long, yet with my indomitable spirit I am.  Since I was very young, despite my physical challenges, I have been out there grabbing every moment with enthusiasm and gratitude I could.  Especially on horseback.  Through the years, my dear doctors would have been happier if their patient wasn't off galloping bareback across the fields on her horses, but recognized with as much hospital time I spent, my horses were the reason why I fought so hard TO keep rising above the daunting challenges being faced and why I kept holding onto life so hard.  They made me feel ALIVE.  And they allowed me to soar free.

Henry David Thoreau wrote in his book "Walden," how he went to the woods because, "I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived...I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life."

This is what I have been trying to do all my life:  "live deep and suck out all the marrow," so I know 
I have LIVED deeply...with all my courage, wonder, awareness, and appreciation.  To know I have fully lived.  And continue to embrace how loved I am.  For you see, all that remains from all we ever are, 
is the love we lived.

Seize the day, my dear ones.  Live fully.  Live courageously...and LIVE LOVE.  Do this for your Adelaide, who will forever soar on her horses with the wind.🐎😃🐎💕💫

No comments:

Post a Comment