Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Embracing ourselves...

One thing that often astounds me is how many normal average height people go to great lengths to physically distinguish themselves, with tattoos, piercings, purple hair, etc., striving to be unique and stand out.  Some desperately.  While Little People like myself, and other physically challenged people are simply TRYING to blend in with the rest of the world.🤫

By the way, let me say I have nothing against tattoos, piercings, and purple hair.  In fact I think some I have seen are really cool.  Remember, I am a artist who has always dressed like a hippie, the 1970's, in hats, and in ballet attire, so believe me, I appreciate unique!😂💕

But back to the being different theme.  There is a courage that of course must come with being physically different.  We have no choice.  One must attain a sense of self acceptance and assurance, which usually are instilled by loving parents, dear friends, or sheer determination, otherwise one may live a lonely life of fear, insecurity, self-pity, shame, and even intense 
anger with being physically different.  

Yet there are many average height people without physical challenges of all ages struggling with the same feelings too.  The question I am asked everywhere (especially as a speaker before my health deteriorated), after the, "how do you get ON your horse" one, is "how can I attain the self assurance and courage you have" one.  Then followed by the, "please would you put all your stories and inspirations into writing" one which I FINALLY began trying very hard to do here.😃 

I cannot possibly write in depth how to FEEL self assured, other than what I am trying to do by sharing the gems of my own journey here in my blogging journey with you.  I so hope these little treasures will somehow guide and inspire your own journeys by giving gems you may grasp which will ignite your own inner spark into flames.

One thing I learned many years ago is we cannot become what we hope to become by remaining where we are, my dear ones.  We must WANT it.  REALLY want to embrace change from within.

Fill yourself with inspiring things to hold onto, dear ones.  Because you see, positive, gratitude attitude things change negative feelings...the what I call, "stinking thinking" feelings about ourselves.  Realize stinking thinking thoughts are NOT...your...truth.  Yet embracing yourself with love and gratitude IS...your 
truth.😃

I have been a inspiration gem gatherer since I was fourteen.  This is when I discovered the Desiderata in 
a very old book, written by Max Ehrmann in 1927.  It changed me within forever, as it has many around the world. 

Desiderata helped ignite my inner spark, and I will share it immediately following this.  The Desiderata is very profound in its simplicity.  It's powerful.  How I hope Desiderata may be a spark for igniting your own inner inspiration, and be a treasure too!🐎💕🐎💫


No comments:

Post a Comment