Thursday, September 24, 2020

Thorns have roses...

We can live a life complaining because roses have thorns, or we can live a life looking on the bright side because thorns have roses...

Along my journey I have always strived to keep focused on the bright side of life, rather than 
the negatives as much as possible.   

Ever we seek the best, ever we may find it.  

For instance, believe it or not, there ARE some perks with being a Little Person!

Like with the right costume I can go Trick Or Treating regardless of how old I am, just as long as my car keys don't rattle.😂

Down through the years if I needed to return an item somewhere and could not find the receipt, the clerks said, "No problem, because we remember YOU!"  They probably do not remember their non-height challenged customers as easily!🤣

When as a child, there was a game called "chicken fighting," played in water or on land.  This is where
a kid gets on the back of another, piggy back style.  The object was to then try to knock off the other
piggy back riding kids.  I ALWAYS got to be on someone's back and loved it!  And I got knocked
off just as much as the others did too.🤣

If a whole bunch of us made a human pyramid, I always got to be the one on top!  And I LOVE
heights, which probably is understandable given the fact I reside in this body.  For instance, I do not care for crowds for the obvious reason.  It's because all I can see are crotches and butts!  Trust me, this is never ever a pleasant experience!😂  

Also as a kid, when playing hide an seek, because I was able to always hide in places no one else could, I spent a lot of time waiting to be found!🙂

Some of the other perks I have touched on in a blog, is how meeting the famous always seems to throw the door wide open for conversation, because THEY are so intrigued!

Still, some of the best perks I have discovered with being a Little Person, are when people who are overwhelmed by life and its challenges who heard me give a talk, or even to just converse with me in a grocery store, and their spirits are lifted.

It is always so meaningful to hear how touched or inspired people are by my journey.  For these are the best, most wonderful perks of all.  The ones of just knowing how my very challenging life made 
a bright difference to someone, and maybe even leaving some of my footprints upon their hearts too.

Life is especially challenging out there for us all no matter who we are or where we are.  Yet as much as possible, keep on the bright side, remembering this:  thorns have roses.🥀

No comments:

Post a Comment