Sunday, September 20, 2020

These two things...

As you have probably gathered by now I have packed a lot of living into my life in between all the many hospital stays, knowing there would be a time when my physical battles became more and more incapacitating...which is where I now am.  However, I am exceedingly grateful for being able to have done so much.

There is a great deal of talk about having a bucket list these days.  And for me, there are only two things I would had loved to have been able to do I was unable to get done.

One thing I touched on in a previous blog, was I took flying lessons.  I love flying.  I was about to begin my third lesson, when my blood counts plummeted again and I got whisked off to a pediatric cancer ward for a new bone marrow drug, having to be isolated for a long period of time.  This was during the same time I met Michael who was also on the ward, and we did the infamous Goldfish Caper together I wrote about earlier.

Since I was in the ward so long, by the time I got out, I had life, work, and a horse waiting to plunge back into.  So I never got to complete learning how to fly, and that is something I wished I had been able to finish doing.

Yet even more than that, the one HUGE thing I have longed to do since I can remember, is to combine two of the things I love most, which are horses and beaches.  For I have always wanted to gallop a horse on a beach.  This for me, would have been "The Ultimate" thing to do.

As it is, galloping a horse bareback on a beach 
will have to remain elusive.  And yet, I have been so blessed to be on each of my seven horses bareback, soaring freely across many vast fields without wings. 

I have been able to do a thousand things many 
have never done or have gone to, for I am one 
of the lucky ones who still got to live a life so 
full...so very full.🐎😃🐎💕💫

No comments:

Post a Comment