Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Finally...

My dear ones, along my journey I have often found when shit happens, it is not always just one thing, but a PILE of shit happening at once.  I am sure all of you have discovered this fact about life too.

The procedure on my urethra didn't help as much as my Urologist and I hoped.  Then the infection worsened.  Am on two powerful antibiotics...one injected into the urethra which is not fun, and the other orally.

Suddenly my colon situation worsened, and we had to increase the expensive new drug which is the only thing keeping my colon working.

In the midst of this my insurance refused approving the drug for nausea I have been on for years due to the progressive nerve damage inside my spinal cord from
the trauma of seven spine surgeries slowly shutting down my digestive and urinary tracts.  (Please forgive my repetition about some of this, but new readers are coming along for the ride here each day, so for their benefit I repeat what is happening.)

Without the drug for nausea, the past eleven days has been a nightmare.  I had to fight the decision made to stop approving my Zofran.  This too is a very costly medication, and one I could not possibly get on my own.  So I filed an appeal, with my doctors backing me up.  It was denied.  I filed a second appeal, again with my doctors strongly backing me.

At first this also was denied.  I took things to the executive level, pleading my case.  When I asked this executive if he had ever been nauseated he said he had.  So I asked him to imagine what it was like living with nausea...how it consumes us, imobilizes us, and we can't focus on anything but the misery of it.  Then to imagine being on a medication that makes ones nausea bearable mostly, and then it suddenly is taken away.  I asked how he would feel.

My appeal got approved late this past Monday.  As you know I am a fighter.😃

However it was late Wednesday before my pharmacy received the approval, then rushed it out to me, knowing how desperately I needed it. 

The following words are from a charming song by Turner Cody called, "Better Days," which is all too fitting of a song for these challenging times we are living in...


Trust in me, shed no tears
Dread no scene, show no fears,
There will be better days,
Better days will come.

'Cause I won't let you lay
Through the dark of the day
And I won't go away, oh no.  

I will hold you long
Till the leaves are all gone
And the strong winter winds blow.  

See the sun sinking fast,
Feel the great shadow cast, 
There will be better days.  

Better days will come.  

'Cause I won't let you lay
Through the dark of the day
And I won't go away, oh no.  

I will hold you long
Till the leaves are all gone
And the strong winter winds blow.  

Better days will come.





No comments:

Post a Comment