Saturday, July 11, 2020

Tough faith for tough challenges...

Before I begin writing today's blog on faith in tough times, I want to share that in my journey of always having a desire to discover what is around the next bend, is also the same desire that has enabled me to explore other faiths.  Not because I sought to change my own, but...to simply seek understanding and knowledge of all.

So years ago I embarked on a wonderful journey of discovery.  I spoke with a Rabbi, a Buddhist, a Muslim, a Hindu, a Catholic priest, and finally a friend who believes in a spirit channeled through someone.  I already had a profound respect for these beliefs, yet by exploring them, I gained a far deeper, valuable understanding.

I think there is a common thread running through all, for the beginning of Heaven is found in all our hearts if we walk in love.  Years ago I heard a dear minister say in respect to other faiths, one should remember, when we eat a bar of chocolate we don't try to analyze all the ingredients in it, but accept the goodness.  I have always loved that analogy.🍫  

Now then, touching on faith...just faith.  These are some tough times we are all living with.  Some far worse than others out there.

Church was not in my childhood, yet I somehow knew there was a God, and He was my Heavenly Father because I had nowhere else to turn.  I would gaze at the stars and talk to Him every night pouring my darkness to the sky above.  Because I had nowhere else to turn, my faith became a very strong loving one...and this has continued to sustain me through my very challenging journey.🐎

In my talks I have often referred to having a tough faith for the daunting challenges faced.  When asked what I mean by tough faith, it is faith with a persevering trust in God as one believes.  And it is a loving trust.  Faith isn't always feeling though.  Faith is trusting God is right there loving us, pouring His power into us whether we feel it or not.  There are times in our lives we all have, when faith is burning low and we deeply feel the weight of our challenges.  This is when we have to simply "act as if," in the belief God is right there loving us, sustaining us...to trust this and hold on, because the loving God of all our beliefs...is...there.👍 

We are living a terribly challenging time, my dear ones.  How I hope what I have shared here has been a blessing in some way.  Hold on to the strength of your faith.  And walk in love.💕  For the love we live in life, lives on in those we love, and those whose lives we have made a difference.💕😃


No comments:

Post a Comment