Thursday, March 26, 2020

A bucket list dream...

As you have probably gathered by now I have packed a lot of living into my life in between all the many long hospital stays, knowing there would be a time when my physical battles become more and more incapacitating...which is where I now am.  However, I am grateful for being able to have done so much.

There is a great deal of talk about having a bucket list.  And for me, there are only two things I would had loved to have been able to do.

One thing I touched on in a previous blog, was I took flying lessons.  I love height and I love flying.  I was about to begin my third lesson, when my blood counts plummeted, and I got whisked off to a pediatric cancer ward for a new bone marrow drug, having to be isolated for a long period of time.  This was during the same time I met Michael who was also on the ward, and we did The Goldfish Caper together I wrote about earlier.

Since I was in the ward so long, by the time I got out, I had life, work, and a horse waiting to plunge back into.  So I never got to complete learning how to fly, and that is something I wished I had been able to finish doing.

Yet even more than that, the one HUGE thing I have longed to do since I can remember, is to combine two of the things I love most, which are horses and beaches.  I have always wanted to gallop a horse on a beach.  This for me, would be "The Ultimate" thing to do.

As it is, galloping a horse bareback on a beach will have to remain a longing of my dreams.  And yet, I have been so blessed to be on each of my seven horses bareback, soaring across many vast fields and trails.  This in itself is a bright treasure I hold very dearly...another one of my "and yets."🐎😃🐎

No comments:

Post a Comment