Friday, March 13, 2020

Dwarf perks...

We can live a life complaining because roses have thorns, or we can live a life looking on the bright side because thorns have roses...

Along my journey I have always tried to keep focused on the bright side of life, rather than the negatives as much as possible.  This is just something I have always done since early childhood, and dear ones,
if you're following this blog, you understand why.

Believe it or not, there ARE some perks with being a Little Person!

For instance, two or three times down through the years when I needed to return an item somewhere, and just couldn't find the receipt, the clerks said, "Hey, no problem, because we remember you!"  Though I have always had a very distinct feeling they would not usually remember all their other non-height challenged customers, don't you?!!🤣

When as a child, there was a game called "chicken fighting," played in water or on land.  This is where
a kid gets on the back of another, piggy back style.  The object was to then try to knock off the other
piggy back riding kids.  I ALWAYS got to be on someone's back and loved it!  And I got knocked
off just as much as the others did too.🤣

If a whole bunch of us made a human pyramid, I always got to be the one on top!  And I LOVE
heights, which probably is understandable given the fact I reside in this body.  For instance, I do not care for crowds for the obvious reason.  It's because all I can see are crotches and butts!  Trust me, this is never ever a pleasant experience!🥴  So you can understand why I LOVE height!🤣  I even took flying lessons years ago, but that, my friends, is for another blog.😃

Also as a kid, when playing hide an seek, because I was able to always hide in places no one else could, I spent a lot of time waiting to be found!🙂

Some of the other perks I have touched on in a blog recently, is how meeting all kinds of amazing people always seems to throw the door wide open for conversation, because THEY are so intrigued with meeting me!  Usually it is the other way around.

And think about THIS a moment...we Little People get followed, stared at, and have our pictures invasively taken constantly, then posted online.  Which are all the same things the rich and famous endure.  Only OUR "fame" lacks the nicer perks THEY have.🙃

Still, some of the best perks I have discovered with being a Little Person, are when people who are overwhelmed by life and its challenges hear me give a talk, see my artwork, encounter me on one of my horses, or even to just converse with me in a grocery store, and suddenly their spirits are lifted.

It is always so meaningful to hear how touched or inspired people are by my journey.  For these are the best, most wonderful perks of all...just knowing how my very challenging life made a bright difference to someone else.  And maybe, just maybe, even leaving my footprints upon their heart.

Dear ones, life is especially challenging out there for us all these days, no matter where we are.  Yet as much as possible, keep looking on the bright side, knowing thorns have roses.🥀


No comments:

Post a Comment