Friday, February 14, 2020

The funniest Baptism in history, Part II...

Just as Ron and I thought we were getting some semblance of control and dignity, we could first hear Jackie trying to stifle her unique loud laugh, followed by others who were losing it.  Then WE began losing it.  And this was a baptism!  I could only hope God was enjoying this.  He had to be fallng over laughing.

As Ron kept me from popping out of the water, he carefully pushed me to the other side to get out.  It didn't end there though.  Remember the expanse of robe?  As I was climbing out and reached the step before the top, part of the robe got caught on a nail sticking out and I got stuck.  So as poor Ron was trying to seriously speak to the congregation, out of the corner of his eye he could see I was stuck....good and stuck. Not only that, he could tell I was totally dissolved in laughter.

Jackie said they could tell something else crazy had happened.

Bless his heart though, somehow he was able to quickly wrap up what he was saying.  Only he couldn't exit my way because I was still partly in the water and stuck on a nail.  He had to go the other way then hurry around to help me get out, but it was difficult you see.  We were both in hysterics.  And he still had to deliver a sermon!

We finally got me out and he went on his way.  With all that wet robe I somehow made it to the change area.  I thought it best not to join Jackie and the congregation, until after the service.  With good reason.  We might all lose control laughing.

That had to be the funniest baptism in history.  Jackie said it could only happen to me.

Ohhh, yes!

Decades later they were still talking about that baptism.

No comments:

Post a Comment