Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Keep your head held high...Part II

Getting from one end of the parallel bars and back was very painful, exhausting, and tough.  But I did it!  Shuffling, but I did it!

Soon after, I progressed enough to be allowed to get in and out of bed on my own.

My Physical Therapist measured how many rounds of the 6th floor it would take to make a mile.  Four rounds made 1/4 of a mile, so 16 rounds were needed each day.

I was on it!

Finally the big day came.  I was still shuffling but could hold my own...on the 6th Floor, but could I on the outside?

My doctors, some nurses, and various other hospital staff were there too.

And someone else.

Mr. Rothschild, who had been on the ward across the hall from me, was recovering from a painful knee surgery.  He told my doctors and I later, he was very depressed after his surgery, and was terrified of the pain...to the point of giving up.

He heard me refusing to give up, then witnessed me struggling to do those 6th Floor rounds.  Mr. Rothschild thought if someone like me with so much wrong who was not giving up despite all my challenges, he certainly could too.

Together, we did that mile and were applauded.

You see, we just never know who is about to be inspired by the way we are playing our part and keeping our head held high on the tough stage of life.

Hold courage, my friends, and keep your head held high out there.😃

No comments:

Post a Comment